|Import conflict||Locations||Location does not exist in QuickBooks Online|
The error occurs if the location (Cost Centre in Employment Hero) does not exist in your QuickBooks Online platform because of this, we will automatically disable the location causing this issue.
Adding the location into your QuickBooks Online platform and then re-syncing the two platforms will resolve this issue.
- Log into QuickBooks Online platform.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Location button.
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Is a sub-location of.
- General ledger mapping code.
- Make this location available to all employees.
- This location correlates with a record in another platform
- Make all sub-locations report to this location.
- Click the Add Shift Conditions button.
- Select any required default shift conditions.
- Click the Back to Location button.
- Click the Save button.
- Log in to your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Payroll Settings menu.
- Click the Cost Centres submenu.
- Click the Update From Payroll button.
The Cost Centres page will now show a grey Updated button. It means Employment Hero has successfully imported your cost centres from your QuickBooks Online platform.
So you have now resolved your QuickBooks error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | HR Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common QuickBooks Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their QuickBooks data.