InstaPay allows you to access your money as you earn it, and is available to employees employed by an organisation that uses an HRIS platform compatible with Swag. InstaPay can be accessed by employees via the Swag app only. The amount accessible per week is up to $250 from your already earned salary. Any wages withdrawn in advance of your pay day via InstaPay deducts from your next pay.
InstaPay is not a credit product and does not incur interest or late fees. There is just one small fee of $4.00 per InstaPay transaction (from 17 October 2022) to withdraw InstaPay into your bank account or to withdraw InstaPay into your Swag Spend account, the fee is $3.00.
Disclaimer: You must meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years and older.
Make sure you have enough money for your financial obligations. Swag is not liable for any loss or potential or actual financial hardship suffered as a result of accessing your pay early.
Set up an InstaPay request
The below premise will walk you through how to make an InstaPay request.
- Log into the Swag app.
- Tap Money.
- Tap Income.
- Tap InstaPay.
- If you are an employee of multiple organisations, you will have the option to choose which organisation you will request your InstaPay payment from. Tap on your desired organisation to make a selection.
- Select Get InstaPay.
- Enter the amount you want (a minimum of $100) and tap Next.
InstaPay can be paid into any nominated account you have listed on your HRIS web-based profile or directly into your Swag Spend Account.
- Select the account you want your Instapay payment to be made to.
- Review your request and tap the Complete Request button.
- Tap the Got It button
Once your InstaPay request has been completed, InstaPay will take 1-2 business days to process and for the money to appear in your account.
The below premise will walk you through how to view your InstaPay request order history.
If InstaPay does not take the deduction from your pay slip, please contact your HR or Payroll Administrator.
The maximum InstaPay withdrawal amount available to an employee is $250 a week, while the minimum withdrawal amount is $100 per transaction. If an employee has earned less than $500 in wages for their pay period, the withdrawal amount available to the employee is half of their accrued wage.
Swag calculates InstaPay weeks as a seven-day period, starting on the first day of your pay cycle.
If an employee’s available InstaPay balance is greater than $250, they will only be able to withdraw a maximum of $250 a week. If they wish to conduct another InstaPay withdrawal, the remaining balance will become available in the next seven-day period, and so on until the end of their pay cycle.
|Discount store purchases using a combination of debit, Hero Dollars plus InstaPay.||$0|
|Discount store purchases using InstaPay only.||$0|
|InstaPay withdraw.||During the Covid pandemic, Swag removed all fees associated with using InstaPay as a goodwill gesture. To cover operating costs, we are reintroducing the InstaPay fee from the 17th October 2022; this means an InstaPay withdrawal of your pay into your bank account will be $4.00 per transaction. If you withdraw InstaPay into your Swag Spend account, then this fee is $3.00.|
|Payment Time Estimate||Big 4 Banks||Non Big 4 Banks|
|Banking hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday||3-6 hours||4-6 hours|
|Non-banking hours: Anytime after 5pm and weekends||Next business day||Next business day|
Depending on your banking provider, it can take 1-2 business days for InstaPay to process and appear in your account. This is due to the sending and receiving banks' payment processing.
You will see on your Swag home screen if you are eligible to access InstaPay. You will not see this InstaPay tile if you are not eligible for InstaPay in this part of your pay cycle.
- You are about to leave your current position.
- You have currently taken leave this pay period.
- You have not worked 3 consecutive pay periods.
- The organisation you belong to does not have it enabled.
- Your organisation is not using a compatible Payroll and HRIS connection
- You have not accrued any income during your current pay cycle.
You do not meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years and older.
After getting to know the features of the Jobs app a little more you will be wondering what I can do next. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Getting started with the Employment Hero Jobs app Jobs provide users of the Employment Hero Jobs web platform the opportunity to browse and apply for jobs from a diverse range of organisations from the comfort of your mobile device.
- InstaPay Eligibility - HR FAQ This feature sets our the five conditions that affect whether an employee qualifies for InstaPay.
Article is closed for comments.