With your organisation, you will have a list of tasks that need completing to process your employees' payments. For example, a regular task to check employee timesheets imported into your pay run, to a once-only task to make sure the correct application of an employee's leave adjustment.
The Pay Run Tasks feature, allows you to create a pay-run task and specify details such as the description, what employees to apply it to and the pay schedule it falls under. You can also use this feature to edit any information if it changes and delete a task if it is no longer required.
This feature focuses on the setup of your pay run tasks and specifying what pay runs they apply to, whereas you would mark a task as complete from within the applicable pay run. To read further details on how to complete a pay run task, refer to the following article.
The below premise will walk you through how to add a pay run task.
- Click the Pay Run Tasks menu.
- Click the View Task submenu
- Click the Create a Task button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Pay schedule.
- Applies to:
- All pay runs.
- All pay runs with a pay period ending between.
- Pay run with pay period ending.
- Is private.
- Click the Save button.
The below premises will walk you through how to edit and/or delete a pay run task.
So you have now managed your pay run tasks and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll pay run reporting: Pay run comparison This feature allows you to create a report that you can use to compare your organisation's finalised pay runs over a chosen time.
- Payroll pay run reporting: Pay run inclusions This feature allows you to create a report on the inclusions your organisation has processed within your finalised pay runs, with the ability to narrow this data down by employing entity, pay schedule and location.
Article is closed for comments.