As an admin, you can create 1:1 templates that managers within your organisation can then use as a building base when setting up a meeting with their employees. These templates can range from end of probation check-ins, performance meetings right through to structured regular catchups.
This will remove the administrative time it takes managers within your organisation to set up and run a 1:1 with their employees. This will then allow them to spend their time instead checking in on their employees rather than managing the back-end processes.
Employment Hero has provided templates you can use within your organisation or you can make your own from scratch, with both options allowing you the freedom to customise the information to suit your organisational requirements. The feature also allows you to edit the information if it changes or delete a template that is no longer relevant.
HR Best Practice
If you are creating your own template from scratch, we would recommend including the following points:
- What is currently going well? It is important to celebrate successes to boost morale!
- Discuss any areas of concern or blockers that are preventing your employees from doing their work. This is important to ensure your employees are working as efficiently as possible.
- How are they feeling overall? This is important to ensure you give your employees a voice to discuss their overall happiness at work, enabling you to resolve and uncover issues sooner rather than later.
This is the default access level, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
So you have now created a one-on-one template and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR Platform: Running a One on One (1:1) Session You can create a scheduled one on one with your employees, including the ability to create pre-set and ad hoc talking points. There are also note taking and commenting features, allowing you and your employee to record the conversation that takes place.
- HR Platform: Peer to Peer Feedback The Feedback feature allows all users to give and receive feedback and collates each piece of feedback in one section for an employee and manager to review.
Article is closed for comments.