When using a username and password to log into your account, you are only using single-factor authentication. This process is susceptible to security threats because it represents a single piece of information a malicious person requires. Two-Factor Authentication provides an additional verification level when logging into your account, making sure that you are the only person who can access your information.
The payroll platform allows you to enable two-factor authentication for your account, which involves verifying either your email account or mobile phone number. If you would prefer not to use your mobile phone number or email address, then you have the option available to enable and use Google Authenticator.
- Click the Account menu.
- Click the My Account submenu.
- Click the Two-Factor Authentication button.
- Click the Confirm Email button.
- Click the Ok button.
- Within the email you would have just received, click the Click Here to Confirm your Email Address button.
You will now see a confirmation screen, confirming the successful verification of your email address.
So you have now updated your account security and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Manage My Notifications | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to customise what email notifications and daily reminders you receive from the payroll platform.
- Managing my account details | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to setup and manage your payroll account password, email, and account details.