Sometimes a contractor's job details need updating when their employment circumstances change. These changes can include needing to update their company email or mobile phone number or changing the team they are a part of within your organisation if they move to a different project.
The Job Details feature is where you update these details if they change, with the HR platform reflecting theses changes throughout the entire platform. This means there is only one place you need to update your details if they change, ensuring your contractor records on the HR platform are always up to date.
This is the default access level, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the Personnel menu.
- Click the Independent Contractors submenu.
- Select the contractor that needs their details updated.
- Click the Job Details tab.
- Click the Edit button.
To edit the Job Title, you will need to go to the contractors' Job History file. To read detailed information on the Job History feature, refer to this article.
- Complete the following fields:
- Company email.
- Company mobile.
- Company landline.
- Click the Save button.
Please note that this module and any related content or templates are not all-inclusive and is intended for general information purposes only. It does not constitute legal or other advice. The content or templates may not be compliant with your local employment laws. Always seek professional legal advice. Employment Hero expressly disclaim any representation or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any representations or warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, reliability and non-infringement. Employment Hero is not liable for any loss or damages arising either directly or indirectly as a result of reliance on, use of or inability to use any information provided in this module.
So you have now edited a contractor's job details and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR Contractor File: Assets This feature is where you can check that the contractor has the required assets to undertake their allocated job.
- HR contractor file: Job history This feature is where you can view the contractors' assigned jobs they need to undertake within your organisation, and, if needed, you can edit these details if there is an error in these records.