As an employee, you will need to submit timesheets if your organisation requires you to track the hours you have worked each day. Timesheet requests allow your manager to see what hours you have worked over the last week, so they can compare this against your contracted hours, with the end goal being approval of these hours, so you receive payment for the days you have worked.
The Submitting a Timesheet feature allows you to submit a timesheet via the WorkZone app and specify details such as the start and end time of your shift and breaks taken, the work type it falls under, and the location where you worked these hours. You can also use this feature to add your standard hours, copy timesheets from the last fortnight, edit any information if it has changed, and delete an entry that is no longer required.
If you cannot submit timesheets through the payroll platform, contact your payroll administrator because one of the two following scenarios applies:
- Your payroll admin needs to enable employee portal access for you or,
- Your organisation manages timesheets in the HR platform, not in the payroll platform.
- Log into the WorkZone application.
- Tap the Selection menu and
select the required employee portal.
- Tap the Timesheet button.
- Tap the Add button.
- Tap the New Timesheet button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Work type.
- Work award.
- Start time.
- End time.
- Break start.
- Break end.
- Tap the Add Attachments button to
add any supporting documents.
- Tap the Apply this Timesheet To Date
button to submit this entry across
- Tap the Submit button.
So you have managed your WorkZone timesheets, and you are wondering, what can I do next? There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- WorkZone: Managing my roster unavailability The Rostering module within the WorkZone app has an Employee Unavailability feature that allows you to enter the date and time for when you will be unavailable for a shift.
- WorkZone: Shift management The Rostering module within the WorkZone app has a Shift Management feature that allows you to add in an employees unavailability and include details such as whether it is a once of or an ongoing event, the reason for the unavailability submission and the day it occurs on.
Article is closed for comments.