How do I declare a Medicare levy variation?
When an employee has variations in their Medicare circumstances, they need to complete the Medicate levy variation declaration form and provide this to their employer. Then the employer can complete these settings in the employee’s Tax Declaration screen in Employment Hero Payroll.
- Click the Employee menu.
- Click the List submenu.
- Click on the employee who needs a Medicare levy declared.
- Click the Tax File Declaration button.
- Click the Medicare Levy button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Does the Employee want to claim an exemption from the Medicare levy?
- Does the employee want to increase their withholding amount to cover the Medicate levy surcharge?
- Does the employee want to claim a Medicare levy reduction?
- Click the Save button.
So you have now declared a medicate levy, and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll Platform: Managing Reportable Fringe Benefits Amount (RFBA) in a Single Touch Payroll (STP) Pay Event: This feature allows you to view each employee's RFBA amount, edit the data if needed, and also download a template and then import in bulk these figures.
- Payroll FAQ: How Do I Refresh the Displayed Single Touch Payroll (STP) Pay Event Data? This FAQ covers a common question we receive around how to refresh your displayed STP pay event information after you have made a change elsewhere on your payroll platform.