How do I correct Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions (RESC) values on the Single Touch Payroll (STP) pay event screen?
You can use the Correct RESC Values feature within the Pay Event module to update the data if someone entered this information incorrectly. Please note the Correct RESC Values' feature will only be available for FY21/22 and prior STP events.You will need to undertake this process via your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
On the 4th November 2020, we changed the RESC deduction category in order to help users avoid incorrectly allocating RESC deductions to anything other than a super fund. This article provides detailed information about these changes. If, however, you made these payments before these changes took effect; you can use the below feature to fix your data.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Report menu.
- Click the Single Touch Payroll submenu.
- Select the pay event that needs pay run figures displayed.
- Click the Actions button.
- Click the Correct RESC Values button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Select employee to correct RESC values for.
- Deduction type.
- Click the Show Deductions button.
- Select the payment that needs updating.
- Select the relevant option from the Change Payment Method drop-down.
- Click the Change Payment Method button.
- Click the Yes button.
- Click the Close button.
So you have now corrected your RESC values, and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll FAQ: How Do I Self Service my Single Touch Payroll (STP) Needs During this EOFY Period? This FAQ answers a range of common STP question we receive with the aim being that you can self service your questions this EOFY.
- Payroll FAQ: How Do I Refresh the Displayed Single Touch Payroll (STP) Pay Event Data? This FAQ answer a common question we receive about how to refresh the data displayed on your pay event page after you have made changes elsewhere on your payroll platform.