How do I correct Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions (RESC) values on the Single Touch Payroll (STP) update event screen?
You can use the Correct RESC Values feature within the Pay Event module to update the data if someone entered this information incorrectly. You will need to undertake this process via your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
The Correct RESC Values feature will only be available for FY21/22 and prior STP events.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Report menu.
- Click the Single Touch Payroll submenu.
- Select the update event that needs pay run figures displayed.
- Click the Actions button.
- Click the Correct RESC Values button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Select employee to correct RESC values for.
- Deduction type.
- Click the Show Deductions button.
- Select the payment that needs updating.
- Select the relevant option from the Change Payment Method drop-down.
- Click the Change Payment Method button.
- Click the Yes button.
- Click the Close button.
So you have now corrected your RESC values and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll platform: Managing Reportable Fringe Benefits Amount (RFBA) in a Single Touch Payroll (STP) Update Event: This feature allows you to view each employee's RFBA amount, edit the data if needed, and also download a template and then import in bulk these figures.
- Payroll FAQ: How Do I Refresh the Displayed Single Touch Payroll (STP) Update Event Data? This FAQ covers a common question we receive on how to refresh your displayed STP pay event information after you have made a change elsewhere on your payroll platform.