How do I sync leave requests with my calendar?
We base the default access level on a per user basis and whether they have view, edit and delete access and excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
You can enable via the Notifications Settings page the ability to sync leave requests with your chosen calendar. You have two options:
- Leave Managers: They will receive an email with an attached ics file that contains the calendar event of their direct reports. It will include new, updated or cancelled leave requests.
- Leave Employees: They receive an email with an attached ics file that contains the calendar event for their new, updated or cancelled leave and we will mark those dates as busy.
There are times that your email provider may need you to respond to the event before it reflects in your calendar. For these events to show automatically, you may need to check and configure your external calendar settings.
Google will show the event automatically in your calendar. However, after some time it will ask you if the email is spam or not, so we recommend you do the following steps:
- In the email, click the I know the Sender button
- Add email@example.com to your contact list.
- Try replying one time to the email.
After you complete these steps, calendar events should show normally in your calendar without the need to respond to the event anymore.
When viewing calendar events in Outlook, there are cases where Outlook will display the dates differently. It is recommended that when you view your Outlook calendar, you click on the event tile for Outlook to normalise the dates of the calendar event. When you click and accept the invite, the event will then show the dates properly.
So you have now synced your leave with your calendar and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Request leave - HR Web Platform This feature is where you can see your latest leave balance, and if you have the balance required, submit a time off request.
- How do I enable my employees to see a company leave calendar - HR Web | FAQ This FAQ answers a common question we receive around how to enable a company-wide leave calander.
Article is closed for comments.