Sometimes an employee's emergency contacts need updating when their chosen contacts circumstances change. These changes can include needing to update an emergency contacts phone number if they change to a different service provider, or needing to add or remove contacts from the list if the employees' relationships change.
The Emergency Contacts feature is where you update these details if they change, with the HR platform reflecting theses changes throughout the entire platform. This means there is only one place you need to update your details if they change. Ensuring your employee record on the HR platform is always up to date.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
It is crucial that as an employee you keep these details current at all times. It makes things easier should something happen to you.
- Click the Personnel menu.
- Click the Employees submenu.
- Select the employee that needs emergency contact details added.
- Click the Emergency Contacts tab.
- Click the Add Emergency Contact button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Contact name.
- Daytime contact number.
- After hours number.
- After hours mobile.
- Contact type:
In order for an emergency contact detail to sync to the payroll platform, you must select either the Primary or the Secondary options.
- Click the Save button.
The below premises cover how you can edit and/or delete your emergency contact information.
So you have edited your emergency contacts and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR platform: Building an emergency contacts report This feature takes you through the steps to build a quick reference emergency contact report for your employees, which saves vital time should there be such an unfortunate event.
- HR platform: Reporting a safety incident This feature is important for employees so they can report incidents if they get injured at work. Being able to document and track these incidents easily makes adhering to all safety guidelines easier for the organisation, too.
Article is closed for comments.