How it works
Organisations may have requirements where employees should have visibility on certain leave categories, whereas other categories they may need this visibility disabled. If this is the case for your organisation, then Xero allows you to configure what balances an employee will see on both their pay slips and within Employment Hero's leave feature.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
What you need to do
There are two steps that an administrator needs to complete when setting leave balance visibility in Employment Hero when connected to Xero. An administrator needs to complete these actions on both the Employment Hero and Xero platforms. The two steps are:
Employment Hero will import both your active and inactive leave categories from your Xero platform. However, Employment Hero will disable any inactive leave categories imported from your Xero platform and these will not be viewable by your employees.
To begin with, you will need to edit your leave categories and select what visibility your employees will have regarding the accrued leave balance. You will need to repeat the following steps for each leave category that needs its accrued leave visibility changed. The steps on how you can undertake this process are:
- Log in to your Xero platform.
- Click the Organisation Name button.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click the Payroll Settings button.
- Click the Pay Items tab.
- Click the Time Off button.
- Click the button.
- Click the Edit button.
- Choose from the following options:
- Select the Show Balance on Payslip tick box to show the leave balance
- Deselect the Show Balance on Payslip tick box to hide the leave balance
- Click the Save button.
Since Employment Hero is the source of truth for information, such as company settings, payroll settings, and employee file data; it will require you to re-synchronise your platforms to import the updated leave category settings. The steps on how you can undertake this process are:
- Log in to your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Payroll Settings menu.
- Click the Leave Categories submenu.
- Click the Update From Payroll button.
The Leave Categories page will now show a grey Updated button and means Employment Hero has successfully imported your leave categories from your Xero platform.