As a business you can have multiple locations based in different suburbs or states; in these cases your organisation would have different employees employed in each location. Having a location register, with a record of each address and the applicable general ledger mapping code, will allow you to maintain an accurate record of who works where within your organisation
This feature allows you to add a new location with the ability to specify its name, state and general ledger code. The locations you add, and then assign to an employee, will enable you to report on the labour costs of each location. This feature also allows you to edit the information if it changes and delete a location if it is no longer relevant
Any changes made to your locations will need syncing over to your HR platform. To read further details on how to undertake this, refer to the following article.
The payroll platform by default only allows you to create one top level location, however, if you need multiple top level locations, you can enable this via the Advanced Settings feature. To read further information on how to enable this feature, refer to the following article.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Location button.
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the following fields:
- If this location is a sub-location.
- If location correlates with a record in another platform.
- Make all sub location report to this location.
- Add default shift conditions.
- Make this location available to all employees.
- Click the Add Default Shift Conditions button.
- Select any required default shift conditions.
- Click the Save button.
When you delete a location, this will prevent you from reporting on this location; however, the payroll platform will place this information in a new section called Unknown.
Watch the training video
So you have now managed your locations and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Managing your organisations expense categories | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to create a new expense category and include details such as the tax code and tax rate.
- Managing your pay categories | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to create a new pay category and define the unit of accrual, super rate, rate loading, and payment classification