As an organisation, you may have multiple business locations with different employees based in each locale. Having a location register, with a record of each address and a description of the location, will allow you to maintain an accurate record of who works where within your organisation.
The locations feature allows you to add in your organisation's address, the country it is located in and a description. You can also use this feature to edit any previously entered information, disable and enable locations, and permanently delete a record that is no longer in use.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Locations and Public Holidays submenu.
- Click the Locations tab.
- Click the Add New Location button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Select Yes or No for the Set this location as the default location for new employees toggle switch.
If you have one default work location, you can set this toggle switch to yes to make sure all future new employees will be part of that location by default.
- Click the Submit button.
So you have now managed your locations and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Set up your organisations public holidays | HR Web Platform This feature is where you can set up public holidays based on the locations you have just created for your organisation.
- Editing employment details | HR Employee File This feature is where you can assign the locations you have just created to the relevant employees.