How do I export a finalised pay run into Xero?
You can use the Export to Xero feature to transfer the finalised pay run data over to your Xero accounting platform.
This feature is only available if you have integrated your payroll platform with your Xero accounting platform. To find out further information on how to integrate the two platforms, refer to the following article.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Pay Run menu.
- Click the finalised pay run that needs exporting to Xero.
- Click the Actions tab.
- Click the Export to Xero button.
So you have now exported your pay run to your Xero platform and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll platform: Set Up and Manage Xero Chart of Accounts This feature is where you manage your Xero chart of accounts details and the above exporting feature uses this data to match your pay run data with the relevant Xero fields.
- Finalised Pay Run FAQ: How Do I Unlock a Pay Run This FAQ answers a common question we receive around how do I unlock one of my organisation's pay runs.