Within your organisation, you will have employees that will need confidential notes added to their personnel record. These can range from performance issues their manager noticed right through to information on the employees' progress on their current project. Having a secure place to leave this information will enable managers, admins and/or owners to communicate information between themselves discreetly, without employees viewing this information.
The Management Notes feature allows you to add this information via a free text field to an employee's file, with no limit on the amount of notes you can add to their record. You can also use this feature to edit any information if it changes and delete a record if it is no longer required.
If the employee's manager changes, the new manager will see the previous notes left on the employee’s file.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
The below premise will walk you through how to add a management note
- Click the Personnel menu.
- Click the Employees submenu.
- Select the employee whose file needs a note added.
- Click the Management Notes tab.
- Type the required note into the text field.
Not sure what to write? If you are on our Platnium HR Plan you can type a few points in, then click to have our AI help you generate a draft message. You will be able to refine the draft as you need before submitting.
- Click the button.
So you have now written a management note and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave Requests | HR Employee File This feature within the Employee File module allows you to view all the leave requests associated with a specific employee.
- Viewing performance reviews | HR Employee File This feature within the Employee File module allows you to see the performance review details associated with a specific employee.
Article is closed for comments.