The Shout Outs feature on the company feed allows to post a public message to either your team or the whole organisation thanking a co-worker for their help. You can also use this feature to comment on a shout post made by yourself or another employee, and if you made the comment, delete this information if needed.
Creating a culture that promotes shout-outs boosts morale, and makes sure employees feel appreciated for the work they do. Should you wish to send a more formal recognition that links to the Company Values within your organisation, you can use the Recognition feature.
HR Best Practise
You can use this feature as an informal means to show your appreciation to your colleagues and teammates for any hard work they have put in. Remember, there is no approval step before the HR platform shares the shout-out to the company feed; therefore please review the content before posting the message.
- Click the Home menu.
- Click the Shout Out and Recognise your Peers button.
- Click the Give a Shout Out button.
- In the text box, type in your shout out message.
Typing @ into the text field, followed by an employee's name, will tag that employee in the shout-out. Shout-outs do not have a limit on the number of employee tags, so there is no limit to how many employees it can include.
- Click the Paperclip icon to add an attachment to the announcement.
The HR platform only allows you to attach images (.jpeg, .png, and .gif) and documents (.pdf) to a shout-out. The ability to attach images and documents to a shout-out is only available on our Premium and Platinum plans.
- Click the Share with drop-down menu and select either:
- Everyone: Every employee in your organisation will see the shout-out.
- Mentioned only: Only the nominated users and their managers will see the shout-out.
- Press the Send button.
Adding a comment is only available to users on our Premium and Platinum pricing tiers.
- Click the Home menu.
- Click the Add a Comment button.
- Type in your comment and click the Send button.
Typing @ into the comment field, followed by an employee's name, will tag that employee in the comment. Comments do not have a limit on the number of employee tags, so there is no limit to how many employees it can include.
Any user can delete their own comment, while an admin can delete anyone's comment. Deleting a comment is only available to users on our Premium and Platinum pricing tiers.
Explore related content
- Giving employee recognition | HR Employee Content This feature allows you to choose a company value and the employee who showcased this value, and then write a message on the company explaining what they did.
- How do I manage my notification settings? | HR Platform This feature allows you to turn on or off what email notifications you receive from your organisation's HR platform