The Employment Settings section allows you to customise your employment settings to suit your business needs. You can, for example, edit settings such as what timesheet type you use in your organisation, whether you have two-level leave approval enabled, or whether to make two-factor authentication mandatory for all your employees.
You will need to have enabled the open beta feature, Negative Leave Balances, before you can use the new features outlined in this article. You can enable this beta feature via the Beta Flask drop-down and selecting Opt-in, though remember this is still an in development feature and subject to change. To read more on how to enable this in-progress beta feature, refer to the following article.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
The below steps will walk you through how to edit your organisations employment settings.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Company Settings submenu.
- Click the Employment Settings button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Setup mode.
Setup mode allows you to block all outgoing emails from the platform. However, it only blocks emails at the time they trigger, not at the time they would be sent.
For example, if an action in the HR platform undertaken at 3:00pm triggers an email to go out. The email settings enabled means it will send this message at 7:00pm, and if you switch setup mode on at 5:00pm, this email will go into a queue to send once you switch setup mode off. However, if you were to turn setup mode on at 2:00pm, then the trigger never happened and no email will go out once you turn setup mode off.
During setup mode, we will only send an email if a user changes their account email, in which case we will send a verification email to the account holder.
- Two level leave approval.
- Timesheet entry.
Employment Hero provides three timesheet types:
- Start and End Time Based on Daily Entries.
- Daily Hours Based on Daily Entries.
- Daily Hours Based on Weekly Entries.
- Negative leave balance.
If your payroll admin enables the Hide an Employee's Leave Balance feature within the payroll platform, then an employee can still submit a leave request even if they go into a negative balance and you have enabled this feature.
- Overnight timesheets.
The overnight timesheets feature is only available if you select the Start and End Times Based on Daily Entries timesheet option.
- Show staff details.
- Enforce two factor authentication
- Typical work day.
- Automatically pay employees.
- HR Manager emails.
Employment Hero adds the email provided to the invitation email and will provide a new employee with a point of contact for any issues regarding the platform. You can enter multiple HR manager emails by using a comma to separate them.
- Work safe authority.
Work-safe authorities can review all safety incident reports.
- Click the Save button.
So you have now updated your company address and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR Platform: Updating your Company Details This feature allows you to update your organisational details stored within the HR platform, such as your head office phone number, company name and logo information.
- Updating your company address - HR Web Platform This feature allows to update your organisational details stored within the HR platform, such as your head office address, state and country information
Article is closed for comments.