As an employee, being able to manage how you access your HR platform is important if you have a compromised password or, you cannot access your Two Factor Authentication code. These cases can arise if you change to a new phone and have misplaced your recovery code, or if a malicious actor compromises your password.
You can access a Password Resetting feature that allows you to reset your password outside the HR platform. An Account Unlocking feature provides you with the tools to re-access a locked account and the Password Changing feature allows you to reset your password within the HR platform. We also have a Two-Factor Authentication resetting feature, whereby you can enter your recovery question to access your account.
If you are having trouble accessing your account with Two-Factor Authentication enabled, your organisation's HR Admin can reset your Two-Factor Authentication access via the Security Report feature. If your HR Admin needs further information on this feature, please the send them the following article.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
The below premise will walk you through how to reset your password and, 2 factor authentication (2FA), how to change your password, and how to unlock your account.
If you have lost your email invitation to access the HR platform, your employer can resend your invite by following the steps in the following articles:
- Click the Forgot Password button.
- Enter your email and click the Request Link button.
For this process to be effective, you must enter your account email address. If you are unsure what your account email address is, please contact your manager or platform administrator.
You will now see a confirmation screen and it will show you the details of where the HR platform sent the reset password link. The reset password email is a one-time link that lasts for 72 hours. The link will not work if you bookmark the link or try to use it again after resetting your password.
- Click the Request to Reset button.
You will now see a confirmation screen and it will show you the details of where the HR platform sent the reset Two-Factor Authentication link.
- Click the Reset 2-Factor Authentication button in the email you received from EH.
Clicking the Reset 2-Factor Authentication button will open a new tab that allows you to reset your Two-Factor Authentication and log on to the platform.
- Enter your security question answer into Security Question field.
- Click the Reset button.
- Click the Close button.
After five incorrect password attempts, the HR platform will lock your account.
Employment Hero uses a password strength metre to help individuals select their passwords. To save a password, we suggest you use:
- At least eight characters.
- Have at least one uppercase (A-Z) and lowercase character.
- Have at least one numerical character.
- Have at least one special character.
- Add a combination of capital letters.
- Avoid dictionary words or a combination of words.
If the password reset link has expired, it is because either:
- You have previously clicked the password rest link.
- You have logged into Employment Hero in another tab or window.
- You clicked on a link that was not the latest password reset link.
So you have now managed your password and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR FAQ: How Do I Set My Account Time Zone This FAQ answers a common question from our clients about how they set the time zone used on their HR platform account.
- HR FAQ: How Do I Change My Organisation This FAQ answers a common question from our clients about how they can change the organisation selected on their HR platform.
Article is closed for comments.