How do I find and remove duplicate employee records?
You can use the employee overview page to find and remove any duplicate employee records.
- Click the Personnel menu.
- Click the Employees List submenu.
- Filter by Employee Status.
- Choose to include Terminated employees from the drop-down menu.
You will now see all your employees displayed on the screen in alphabetical order. This means the system will display duplicate employee together.
- Click the Action button next to the employee that needs removing.
- Click the Delete button.
Removing an employee from your system will remove their data, which means there is no record kept for auditing purposes.
An admin can not delete an employee once they have:
- Onboarded an employee.
- Submitted or approved leave.
- Submitted or approved timesheets.
- Signed a HR document and/or contract.
- On the confirmation screen, type in the employee's name and click the Delete button.
Employment Hero shows the employee name in bold within the two brackets. The employee name, however, does not include the two outer brackets. To delete an employee you need to type in the employee name including any dates, times and/or punctuation marks displayed in the name.