|Sync error||Employee file||A validation exception occurred; payroll calendar may not be changed while the employee has unprocessed leave.|
This error occurs when an employee in Xero has an unprocessed leave request that their manager approved and synced over to Xero from Employment Hero. When Employment Hero encounters this issue, it will not synchronise the affected employee file over to your Xero platform.
Processing the leave request in a Xero pay run and then re-syncing Xero with your Employment Hero HR platform will resolve this issue.
- Log in to your Xero platform.
- Click on the Payroll button.
- Click the Pay Employees button.
- Click the Process Pay Run button.
- Click on the employee name who needs leave processed.
- Click the Save button.
You will see the employees' approved leave applied in the Earnings Rate section.
- Click the Post button.
- Log into your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Add-ons submenu.
- Click the Actions button.
- Click the Update button.
- Click the Update from Payroll button.
- Select the required payslip from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Import button.
The Payslips section will now show a green Updated button and means Employment Hero has successfully imported your selected Xero pay slip.
So you have now resolved your xero error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | Xero Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common Xero Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their Xero data.