Admins can design templates for one-on-one meetings that their organisation's managers can employ when arranging a session with their personnel. These templates can range from end-of probation check-ins, performance meetings right through to structured regular catchups.
It will remove the administrative time it takes managers within your organisation to set up and run a 1:1 with their employees. It will then allow them to spend their time instead checking in on their employees rather than managing the back-end processes.
Employment Hero has provided templates you can use within your organisation or you can make your own from scratch. With both options allowing you the freedom to customise the information to suit your organisational requirements. The feature also allows you to edit the information if it changes or delete a template that is no longer relevant.
HR Best Practise
If you are creating your own template from scratch, we would recommend including the following points:
- What is currently going well? It is important to celebrate successes to boost morale!
- Discuss any areas of concern or blockers that are preventing your employees from doing their work. It is important to make sure your employees are working as efficiently as possible.
- How are they feeling overall? It is important to make sure you give your employees a voice to discuss their overall happiness at work, enabling you to resolve and uncover issues sooner rather than later.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the Development menu.
- Click the 1:1s submenu.
- Click the Manage Templates button.
- Click the Meeting Templates tab.
- Click the Actions button.
- Click the Edit button.
If the date and/or time and the talking points are changed, this will save the new date and/or time for the current session. But the change made to the talking point will take effect for future sessions.
Any changes made to talking points will take effect in the next session. Although new talking points may be added or edited, the platform will keep the talking points for the current session to preserve any potential notes and their relevance.
- Make the required changes and click the Save button.
So you have now created a one-on-one template and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Running a One on One (1:1) Session | HR Web Platform You can create a scheduled one-on-one with your employees, including the ability to create pre-set and ad hoc talking points.
- Peer to Peer Feedback | HR Web Platform The Feedback feature allows all users to give and receive feedback that an employee and manager can then view.