The Certification Settings feature allows you to setup your organisation's certifications and ask for details from employees, such as any supporting documentation, or to complete a COVID-19 vaccination check. From a setup side, you can specify details such as the certification renewal period, if it is mandatory or optional for employees to complete, and who you assign it to within your organisation. You can also use this feature to assign and/or un-assign a certification and delete a record if it is no longer required.
Currently you can not edit a certification once you have created it, so please think carefully when creating one that this is exactly how you want your data to show on your HR platform.
Please note that adding, creating, or deleting any certifications will trigger an email notification. Please click this link for more information about when emails are sent out.
To read further details on how your employees upload their certifications to the HR platform, and the process managers will go through to approve this documentation, refer to the following article.
HR Best Practise
It is important that you use the certification feature to make sure that you, as a business, are operating in compliance with the relevant regulations in your industry and that employees have what they need to operate safely and legally. We recommend that you regularly use the Compliance Report to track and track any certifications that are outstanding in your organisation.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Certification Settings submenu.
- Click the Add Certifications button.
- On the Certification Details page complete the following fields:
- Certification name.
- Certification type:
- Click the Upload button to upload any additional information.
The maximum uploaded file size allowed is 10MB, however, you can upload multiple files.
- Assign to:
You can not select disabled teams when assigning certifications. We will grey them out in the drop-down selection. If you assign a team a certification and then you disable it, then the team will still be there on the assignee list and you can remove it, but you cannot re-select the record. The members of the team will still also have the certifications on their personnel file. We will not archive them until they are no longer assignees.
- All personnel.
- Click the Next button.
- On the Configuration page complete the following fields:
- Is this certification mandatory or optional?
- How often does the certification need to be renewed?
- Expiry date.
- Require personnel to provide supporting documentation?
- Is approval required?
- Restrict security groups from accessing this certification on assignee files?
- Add question regarding previous driving offences.
- Click the Save button.
Once you save a certification, you cannot change the certification details.
- Click the Create button.
- One-off: Upon the successful completion of the certification, the employee will be granted the certification and it will be valid for an indefinite period. For example, an employee can earn a First Aid Certification, which does not have an expiry date.
- Expiry date: The certification is given a date for which it will expire, and will need to be renewed, or reapplied after a specified date. For example, a White Card expires if the employee has not held a position requiring a White Card for two consecutive years.
- Renewed: The certification will need to be renewed after a specified time. For example, a First Aid Certificate does not have an expiry date, however, a renewal is recommended every three years. You can set a renewal date if you would like the employee to take a refresher course.
Explore similar topics
- HR Certification Reporting via the HR platform This feature allows you to create a report on how your employees are progressing with their assigned certifications, see what is overdue and when their manager approved their submission.
- How do I manage and/or acknowledge assigned certifications via the HR platformThis feature allows your employees to complete and/or manage their assigned certifications