As an organisation, you may base your staffing hours on a rostering platform whereby you allocate employees' certain hours they need to work per week based on workload demands. By using rostering software, you can take the heavy administration out of this process for your managers, freeing up their time to work on more important areas such as managing and supporting their employees.
The Rostering module has a Shift Bidding feature that lets you create a shift that multiple employees can bid on. You can include start and end times, work types, classifications, and roles. You can also change these details if necessary. To use the Shift Bidding features, you will need to have them turned on via Roster Settings. To read further information on how to access Roster Settings, refer to the following article.
- Click the Roster menu.
- Click the Roster Actions button.
- Click the Bidding Groups button.
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Group name.
Tick the private checkbox if you want to keep the bidding group private, i.e. only you can see it and use it.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Rostering menu.
- Click on the shift panel that represents the day that needs a bidding shift created.
- In the Create Shift panel, click the Shift Bidding tick box.
- In the Create Shift panel complete the following fields:
- From time.
- To time.
Click the Add Break button to add a break in.
- Break start.
- Break end.
Click the Minus button to delete an added break.
The Qualifications field will only appear if an admin has enabled qualifications.
- Bidding employees.
You can select any created Bidding Groups from within the Bidding Employee drop menu. Refer to the Glossary of Shift Availability Terms for further information on what recommended and other employees means.
- Work type.
The Work Type field will only appear if an admin has enabled work types.
The Role field will only appear if an admin has enabled shift roles.
- Click the Save button.
When you add multiple users in the employee’s field, this will automatically create the same shift for the selected employees.
The Payroll platform does not cost bidding shifts and will display the shift cost as $0. This is because the platform assigns multiple employees to the shift, and only when an employee accepts the shift will the platform assign a cost to the shift.
You can only edit a bidding shift that has the status of unpublished.
|Recommended Employees||The platform defines an employee as recommended, if they fulfil all the criteria for that shift.||
Employee recommended shift criteria is:
|Other Employees||The platform defines an employee as other, if they only partially meet the criteria for that shift.||
Other employee criteria:
So you have now managed your shift bidding and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- How do I view my roster warnings | Payroll FAQ This FAQ answers a common user question we receive around how do I view any triggered roster warnings.
- Setup and manage rostering roles | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to create a roster group such as front of house serving staff that you can then assign to your employees when entering their shift details.