Organising your tasks into a structured list can make your workload a lot more manageable. It allows you to view a list of your completed and uncompleted tasks and provides you with a sense of accomplishment when you mark an item as completed.
The My Tasks feature allows you to create your own task list, add any required subtasks, and mark these activities off as you complete them. This feature is also where you can view tasks assigned to you by your peers and/or your manager. The details of who gave you this assignment, and the work required for you to undertake will all be visible to you.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the Dashbord menu.
- Click the View All button in the Task block on your dashboard.
- Click the My Tasks tab.
- Click the Create Task button.
- Complete the following fields:
The task owner is the user required to complete the task. By selecting a user; who is not yourself means that you are assigning the task to another user. However, the platform will still list you as the person who created the task.
If you have selected a team as the owner of a task, the platform will assign each member of the team their own individual task. The platform does not allow you to set a task as a collaborative endeavour or owned by a team.
- Assigned date.
- Due date.
You can only add a collaborator if you are on our premium or platinum pricing plan.
- Click the Subtask button and list any additional subtasks.
- Click the Create button.
The creator of a task can re-assign the existing task to another employee. While an Admin or Owner can re-assign the task regardless of if they were the creator of the task or not.
You can not change the owner, assigned date, or due date of a task that another user assigned to you. You can also only edit a pending task. The platform does not allow you to edit a completed task.
You cannot delete a task another user assigns to you, and you can also only delete a pending task. The platform does not allow you to delete a completed task.
So you have now managed your assigned tasks and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR platform: Goals (OKRs) This feature shows you how you can use the Objective, Key Results (OKR) framework to help align and connect all your employees to your company goals.
- HR platform: Company Values This feature allows you to view the details of each of your organisation's chosen company values, enabling you to see the what your leadership team feels embody the vision and purpose of your business.
Article is closed for comments.