Organising your tasks into a structured list can make your workload a lot more manageable. It allows you to view a list of your completed and uncompleted tasks and provides you with a sense of accomplishment when you mark an item as completed.
The Tasks I Created feature allows you to view all the tasks you have created, who you assigned this work to, and reassign those tasks if the person undertaking this assignment changes. You can also edit this information if it changes and delete the task if it is no longer required.
Only clients on our HR Premium and Platinum subscriptions can use the Task Comment feature to add, edit, and delete a comment, against a task.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
|My Tasks will show all tasks that have been assigned to you.
|Tasks I Created
|Tasks I Created will show all tasks that you created, even if they're assigned to another team member.
|Other Tasks will be shown to Admins, Owners and Managers. Admins/Owners will see all tasks company-wide. Managers will only see tasks assigned to a team member in their reporting line.
- Click the Dashboard menu.
- Click the Create Task button.
- Complete the following fields:
The task owner is the user required to complete the task. By selecting a user; who is not yourself means that you are assigning the task to another user. However, the platform will still list you as the person who created the task.
If you have selected a team as the owner of a task, the platform will assign each member of the team their own individual task. The platform does not allow you to set a task as a collaborative endeavour or owned by a team.
- Assigned date.
The HR platform uses the assigned date to determine when to notify the task owner about their upcoming tasks.
- Due date.
You can only add a collaborator if you are on our premium or platinum pricing plan.
- Click the Subtask button and list any additional subtasks.
- Click the Create button.
The creator of a task can re-assign the existing task to another employee. While an Admin or Owner can re-assign the task regardless if they were the creator of the task or not.
- Click the Dashboard menu.
- Click the View All button in the Task block on your dashboard.
- Click the Other Tasks tab.
- Click the Action button.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Owner field select the employee being re-assigned the task.
- Click the Save button.
Explore related content
- HR platform: Goals (OKRs) This feature shows you how you can use the Objective, Key Results (OKR) framework to help align and connect all your employees to your company goals.
- HR platform: Company Values This feature allows you to view the details of each of your organisation's chosen company values, enabling you to see the what your leadership team feels embody the vision and purpose of your business.