Sometimes an employee's employment details need updating when their job circumstances change. These changes can include needing to update their employment status from part-time to full-time through to changing their job title if they have received a promotion.
The Employment History feature is where you update these details if they change, with the HR platform reflecting these changes throughout the entire platform. It means there is only one place you need to update your details if they change, making sure your employee records on the HR platform are always up to date.
To change job titles or add people to the platform, you will need to be an admin or have set up the Custom Security Settings.
We base the default access level on a per user basis and whether they have view, edit and delete access and excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
The below premise will walk you through how to add a new employee position.
- Click the Personnel menu.
- Click the Employees submenu.
- Select the employee that needs position details added.
- Click the Employment History tab.
- Click the Add Position button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Job title.
- Start date.
- End date.
Use the End Date field for when the employee has a fixed end date or when the job description is only temporary. The end date is not a required field.
- Employment type:
- Full time.
- Part time.
- Click the Save button.
The below premise will walk you through how to edit and/or delete an employee position.
So you have now managed your employee title and positions and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR employee file: Uploaded documents This feature allows you to upload documentation against a chosen employee file and control who has access to this information.
- HR employee file: Management notes This feature allows you to add information via a free text field to an employee's file, with no limit on the amount of notes you can add.