|Import conflict||Leave Category||Leave category does not exist on QuickBooks Online|
The error occurs if the leave category does not exist in your QuickBooks Online platform because of this, Employment Hero automatically disables the leave category causing this issue.
We do not allow you to delete the leave category while there are still employees linked to it.
Adding the leave category to your QuickBooks Online platform and then re-syncing the two platforms will resolve this issue.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online platform.
- Click the Employees menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Leave Category button.
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the following fields:
- External ID.
- Leave loading.
- Leave category type:
- Long service leave.
- Personal careers leave.
- Employee leave balance:
- Not tracked.
- Payment setup:
- Don't pay for the leave taken.
- Report the earnings for the leave taken against another pay category.
- Click the Save button.
- Log in to your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Leave Categories submenu.
- Click the Update From Payroll button.
The Leave Categories page will now show a grey Updated button. It means we have successfully imported your leave categories from your QuickBooks Online platform.
So you have now resolved your QuickBooks error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | HR Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common QuickBooks Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their QuickBooks data.