|Import conflict||Employing Entity||Employing entity does not exist on QuickBooks Online|
The error occurs if the employing entity does not exist within your QuickBooks Online platform because of this, Employment Hero will automatically disable the entity causing this issue.
We do not allow you to delete an employing entity, while there are still employees linked to it.
Adding the employing entity to your QuickBooks Online platform and then re-syncing the two platforms will resolve this issue.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online platform.
- Click the Employee menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Employing Entities button.
- Click the Manage Employing Entities tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Branch number.
- Address line 1.
- Address line 2.
- Contact name.
- Contact phone number.
- Contact fax number.
- Contact email address.
- Signatory name.
- External ID.
- Click the Save button.
- Log in to your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Add-ons submenu.
- Click the Actions button.
- Click the Update button.
- In the Employees section, click the Update from Payroll button.
The Employees section will now show a green Updated button. It means Employment Hero has successfully imported your employees from your QuickBooks Online platform.
So you have now resolved your QuickBooks error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | HR Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common QuickBooks Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their QuickBooks data.