How it works
Organisations may have requirements where employees should have visibility on certain leave categories, whereas other categories they may need this visibility disabled. If this is the case for your organisation, then the payroll platform allows you to configure what balances an employee will see in both their pay slips and within the leave feature on the HR platform.
What you need to do
There are two steps that an administrator needs to complete when setting employee leave balance visibility. An administrator needs to complete these actions on both the HR and Payroll platforms. The two steps are:
You will need to repeat the following steps for each leave category that needs its accrued leave visibility changed.
To begin with, you will need to edit your leave categories and select what visibility your employees will have regarding the accrued leave balance. The steps on how to undertake this are:
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Leave Category button.
- Click the Leave Category that needs a leave balance hidden.
- Choose from the following three options in the Employee Leave Balance section:
- Hide accruals for pay slips.
Select this option if you do not wish to allow employees to see the amount of leave accrued for this leave category within a pay run on their pay slip.
- Hide balance from pay slips and in the leave feature.
Select this option if you do not wish to allow employees to see the balance of this leave category on their pay slips or in the leave feature within the HR platform.
- Hide leave category name from the employee view.
Selecting this option will remove the display of the leave category from the employees' calendar view. The employee will only see which employee is on leave, but not the leave type they are taking.
- Click the Save button.
Inactive leave categories are still visible to administrators within the HR platform.
Since the HR platform is the source of truth for information such as company settings, payroll settings, and employee file data; it will require you to re-synchronise your platforms, to import the updated leave category settings. The steps on how to undertake this are:
- Log into your Employment Hero HR platform.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Leave Categories submenu.
- Click the Update From Payroll button.
The Leave Categories page will now show a grey Updated button and this means the HR platform has successfully imported your leave categories from the payroll platform.
Article is closed for comments.