The Learning Configuration section allows you to enable or disable certain aspects of of your learning portal to suit your organisational needs. You can, for example, enable your content administrators to edit notification settings or user emails, disable suggested courses from showing on an employees dashboard or hide course authors on the course details page.
The below premise will walk you through how to update your portal configuration.
- Click the Your Profile button.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click the Configuration button.
- Select from the following options to configure your learning portal:
- Dashboard blocks:
- My recent courses.
- Suggested courses for you.
- Invite new user.
- Enabled applications:
- Allow register.
- Hide login with email option.
- Go1 Marketplace.
- Disallow register with SSO.
- Content administrator permissions:
- Content administrator is able to edit user emails.
- Content administrator is able edit notification settings.
- Manager permissions:
- Disable managers from creating new users.
- User menus:
- Hide user payment menu item.
- Hide groups menu item for learners.
- Content provider dashboard.
- Enable manual payment.
- Enable coupon.
- Enable request purchase.
- Course authors:
- Hide course authors on course details.
- Allow all users to create content.
- Course layout:
- Enable footer navigation.
- Enable side navigation.
- Dashboard blocks:
- Click the Submit button.
So you have now updated your portal configuration and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Learning Platform: Set Up and Manage your Platform Theme This feature allows you to customise your learning portal branding to suit your organisational needs, creating a seamless brand experience for your employees.
- Learning Platform: Update your Platform Recommendations This feature allows you to select the user types accessing your organisation's learning content, and who will benefit from accurate content recommendations.