How do I upload a custom timesheet data file onto our payroll platform?
You can use the Timesheet Importing feature to import a CSV file of your timesheet entries that you have stored on another platform.
Timesheets will only flow from the HR platform to your Payroll platform, i.e. this data connection is not bidirectional, and any timesheet submissions made in the Payroll platform will not flow through to your HR platform. We advise you to submit any timesheet via the HR platform's Timesheet feature.
- Click the Timesheet menu.
- Click the Import Timesheets submenu.
- Select the Custom File Upload option in the Import Timesheets drop-down.
- Click the Select File button.
- Click the Confirm Upload button.
- In the Date Format drop-down, select either the Australian or USA option.
- Choose what columns in the CSV file to map to what field in the
- Complete the following fields:
- Replace a previous timesheet.
- Approve timesheets.
The Approve Timesheets option allows you to choose whether the platform automatically approves the timesheets being imported or whether they need to go through your organisation's timesheet approval workflow.
- Click the Import button.
You will now see on your screen a status message showing the successful uploading of your custom timesheet data file onto your payroll platform.
This Timesheet Importing feature allows you to import timesheets via a CSV file. We have not set a default file format, so you should be able to import most timesheet formats if they meet the following requirements:
- The file must be in a CSV (comma separated) or TSV (tab separated) format.
- There must be only one timesheet entry per line.
- Each timesheet line requires, at minimum:
- Start time.
- End time.
- Start date
- End date.
- The import will fail if you enter a timesheet date that falls before the employee's start date.
- If the data file you are importing does not have a location for the timesheet, then the platform will assign the employee's default location to the timesheet when importing the data.
- If the file you are importing has an employee working at a location they do not have access to, then the platform will automatically enable this location for the employee when importing the data file.
You may use the date/time columns in the following combinations:
- Start date and time + End date and time.
- Date + Start time + End time.
- Date + Units.
|Nothing (skip)||Select this column type if the data is irrelevant to the timesheet import.|
|Break end time.||
|Break end date and time.||
Date and time.
|Break start time.||
|Break start date and time.||
Date and time.
|Category external ID.
External ID of the leave category or pay category or work type.
This field shows the type of data that is present in the Category ID or Category external ID fields. Possible values include:
|Comments.||Comments associated with the timesheet.|
|Date.||Date only with no time information. The date may be in US or Australian format.|
|Employee external ID.||External ID of the employee.|
|End date and time.||Date and time.|
|End time.||Time only.|
|Leave category external ID.||External ID of the leave category.|
|Location external ID.||External ID of the location.|
|Rate||The rate you pay the employee this shift.|
|Start time.||Time only.|
|Start date and time.||Date and time.|
|Units||This field can override the number of paid hours for the timesheet. If left blank, the platform will base the employees' hours on the start/end times and the breaks.|
|Work type external ID.||External ID of the work type.|
Article is closed for comments.