How do I import employees from my Xero platform onto my Payroll platform?
You can use the Employee Importing feature within the Payroll Settings module to import the employee data stored within your Xero platform. Using the Xero payroll import feature will import the following data:
- Employee details.
- Leave Categories.
- Pay Categories.
When using any Xero integration features within the Payroll platform, you need to have at least Standard + Payroll admin access on your Xero platform.
If you have used an external Id before, you cannot save reuse this data point if you have enabled the Unique External Id setting. You can read further information on this setting in the following article.
The Payroll platform does not import leave balances when setting up new employees.
You will need to undertake the below steps via your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Import Employees button.
- Select the Xero Payroll option in the Import Employees From drop-down.
- Click the Enable this Connection button.
- Enter your Xero login information and click the Log In button.
- Enter your 2 Factor Authentication code and click the Confirm button.
- Click the Allow Access button.
- Click the Import button.
You will now see on your screen a status message showing the successful uploading of your Xero employee data into your payroll platform.