How do I import my employees using Flatfile?
You can use the Employee Flatfile Importing feature within the Payroll Settings module to import in bulk your employee file data. You will need to undertake the below steps via your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
If you are using both our HR and Payroll platforms, add your employees via your HR platform.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Import Employees button.
- Select the Flatfile Employee Import option from the Import Employees From drop-down.
- Click the Select File button.
- Click the Upload Data from File button.
- In the Select Sheets drop-down, choose either the Export or Lookup Data option.
If you select the Export option, the platform will use the file data from the copied employee export data it retrieved from the Data Extracts page. If you select the LookupData option, you use any data that is currently in the LookupData tab within the Excel spreadsheet.
- Click the Continue button.
- Choose what columns in the CSV file to map to what field on the payroll platform.
- Click the Review button
- Verify the data is correct, and then click the Continue button.
- Click the Yes button.
You will now see on your screen a status message showing the successful uploading of your employee data into your payroll platform.
So you have now imported your employees and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Managing leave categories | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to create a new leave category, determine what type it will fall under, choose a payment setup, and what leave loading rates will apply.
- Managing pay categories | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to create a new pay category and define the unit of accrual, super rate, rate loading and payment classification.
Article is closed for comments.