How do I start the employee self-setup process?
With the release of Employee Self Setup process, employers can say goodbye to the paperwork associated with hiring new employees. The feature lets employers manage the onboarding process from start to finish quickly and seamlessly. You can add all pay, tax, and statutory details for the employee and you can track their progress through the onboarding journey.
You can only use this feature if you are a legacy KeyPay payroll customer. For new Employment Hero Payroll-only customers, we advise that you sign up for our Employment Hero HR platform, which offers an Employe Self-Service module
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Add Employee button.
- Click the Start Employee Self Setup button.
- A context panel will appear with the following fields to fill in:
- First name.
- Email address.
- Mobile number.
- Qualifications required.
- Emergency contact details required.
We strongly suggest you also enter the employee's Mobile Number as this is required for the employee to complete their verification process when completing the Tax File Declaration section.
You are also able to configure an automatic reminder email that will be sent to the employee every x number of days until they complete all the steps of the onboarding process. If you do not wish reminder emails to be sent, you can unselect that option.
- Click the Save button.
The employee will now appear in the employee list as an incomplete employee. Click the buton to complete the employees pay details. They will not appear in a pay run if their details are still incomplete, so you will need to complete their pay details before thet can recieve their pay.
This step can only be completed by a full access user. Restricted users will not see the icons as they do not have permission to access and edit the employee details.
So you have now updated your account details and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Manage My Notifications | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to customise what email notifications and daily reminders you receive from the payroll platform.
- My Two-Factor Authentication Settings | Payroll Web Platform This feature allows you to set up your two-factor authentication login details for your payroll account.