As a business, you will constantly undergo changes that could be just be a simple phone number change right through to updating your business name and legal entity. These changes form a natural part of managing a business because as you grow, expand and diversify, your organisation will need to change to meet these new conditions.
You can use the Business Details feature to update your organisational information stored within the Payroll platform. The platform will reflect theses changes you made in the business details section throughout the entire payroll platform.
The below premise will walk you through how to edit your organisation's business details.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Details button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Business name.
The Business Name is a required field that the platform uses as your display name and allows Employment Hero to identify your organisation.
- Legal name.
This is the name that appears on your employees’ payslips.
- International address.
- Address Line 1.
- Address Line 2.
- Contact name.
This is the name that will appear in the notifications sent from the platform.
- Contact email address.
This is the email address that will appear in the notifications sent from the platform.
- Contact phone number.
- Contact fax number.
- Standard hours per day.
The standard hours per day field is a required field with the Payroll platform using this information to auto-populate leave requests.
- Work week.
- Allow SMS notifications.
- Default KiwiSaver employer contribution
- Business name.
- Click the Save button.
So you have now updated your business details and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll platform: IRD Settings This feature allows you to select from two submission types: lodging as an employer or lodging as an intermediary. You can only select one of the two options and which one this is depends on how your organisation submits lodgements to the IRD.
- Payroll Platform: Setup Payment Files This allows you to set up your organisation's payment file details, such as the account name and number, and the lodgement reference.