|Sync error.||Leave.||A validation exception occurred, unable to create leave request. This leave type has to be assigned to this employee to create and process a leave request.|
This error occurs when an employee within your Xero platform does not have an assigned leave type. When the Employment Hero platform encounters this issue, it will not synchronise leave requests for the affected employees over to your Xero platform.
You will need to add a leave type to the affected employee files on your Xero platform and then re-sync your Employment Hero and Xero platforms to resolve this issue.
- Log in to your Xero platform.
- Click the Payroll menu.
- Click the Employees submenu.
- Click the employee that needs a leave type assigned.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click the Assign Leave Type button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Schedule of accrual.
- Hours accrued annually.
- Maximum to accrue.
- Opening balance.
- Click the Save button.
- Log in to your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Leave Categories submenu.
- Click the Update From Payroll button.
The Leave Categories page will now show a greyed out Updated button and means Employment Hero has successfully imported your leave categories from your Xero platform.
So you have now resolved your xero error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | Xero Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common Xero Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their Xero data.