The Payroll platform allows you to set up DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) on a domain of your choice for emails sent via the Payroll platform. This can be setup from an address nominated by you and will apply to features such as pay slip notifications, leave or expense requests and report packs.
This will ensure that mail servers that receive these emails do not believe the Payroll platform is trying to spoof your email address because the platform is pretending to be you. This will therefore prevent these services from putting the Payroll platform emails into the recipient’s spam and/or junk folders.
Setting up DKIM Email Authentication requires you to change both your Payroll platform settings and your DNS host settings.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Email Sender Authentication button.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the domain name and click the Register button.
The Payroll platform will now generate a set of CNAME records, and you will need to add these to your DNS settings.
- Add the DNS records to your DNS registry.
- Click the Unvalidated button.