An employee portal is an online employee engagement platform that puts a range of payroll services at the employee's fingertips. The Employee Portal Access Management feature allows you to grant access in bulk to employees who need to use the Payroll self-service portal. You can also use this feature to edit an employee's access email and revoke access if it is no longer required.
Data will only flow from the HR platform to your payroll platform, i.e., this data connection is not bidirectional, and any changes made by an employee via the employee portal in the payroll platform will not flow through to your HR platform. We advise you to use the HR platform as your source of truth and employees make any needed changes via the HR platform.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Employee Portal Settings button.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Choose from the following options:
- Employees can edit their personal details.
- Employees can edit their own bank account details.
The Bank Accounts section in the employee's profile of the WorkZone app is not editable.
- Employees can apply for.
- Employees can add and update their own qualifications.
- Employees can apply for expense reimbursements.
- Employees can complete the employee satisfaction survey.
- Employee can set their own unavailability.
- Unavailability must be entered at x days before it occurs.
- Employees can view approved leave.
- Employees can:
- Not access timesheets.
- View their own timesheets.
- Only edit their own timesheets.
Employees can only create and edit timesheets created via their employee portal or Swag app. They cannot edit timesheets created via the kiosk, Clock Me In or the clock in/out functionality within the Swag app.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk.
- Only edit WorkZone clock in/out timesheets.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk or WorkZone clock in/out
- Create and edit all timesheets.
- Show pay days in employee calendar.
- Employees can clock in/out using WorkZone:
- Capture employee photo when clocking in/out.
- Allow employees to select a higher classification when clocking in.
- Allow employees to apply rostered start/finish times when clocking in/out:
- Employees can apply the roster start time up to x minutes before their shift is due to start.
- Employees can apply the rostered end time up to x minutes after their shift ends.
- Send employee reminder notifications:
- X minutes after their rostered shift end if they have not clocked out.
- Send employees a notification when their personal or bank account details are updated.
- Click the Save button.
Explore similar topics
- Manage Payroll Employee Groups via the payroll platform This feature to add a new group to your platform and specify the criteria that an employee needs to meet to be part of the group.
- Manager Payroll Users Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) via the payroll platform This feature allows you to make it mandatory for any manager and employee on your payroll platform to set up and use two-factor authentication