As an employee, your coworkers may step in repeatedly to help you with difficult customer calls, or even stay back on multiple occasions at work for a few hours to help you finish your current project. In these scenarios recognising your coworkers is a good way to give them that extra special recognition for the work they have put it to help you in your role and in meeting your deliverables.
The Recognition feature on the company feed allows you to do just this, post a public message to the whole organisation showcasing a coworker who lives up to your organisation's values. You can also use this feature to comment on a recognition made by yourself or another employee, and if you made the comment, delete this information if needed.
Before being able to use the recognition feature, you will need to have:
HR Best Practise
This feature recognises employees who have gone above and beyond regarding their normal roles and responsibilities or hours worked. Therefore, it is important that you give a sound reason for the recognition. When you are recognising your teammate, do not forget to provide specific details about the project or task that have contributed to you putting them forward for the recognition.
The platform links recognition posts to your company values and has an approval step before it will share the recognition to the company feed. Should you wish to send a more informal recognition, you can use the shout out feature, where there is no approval step.
This is the default access level, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
Adding a comment is only available to users on our premium and platinum pricing tier.
- Click the Dashboard menu.
- Click the Add Comment button.
- Enter the required comment and click the Send button.
Typing @ into the comment field, followed by an employee's name, will tag that employee in the comment. Comments do not have a limit on the number of employee tags, so there is no limit to how many employees it can include.
Any user can delete their own comment, while an admin can delete anyone's comment. Deleting a comment is only available to users on our premium and platinum pricing plan.
Only admins can delete a recognition post.
- Click the Dashboard menu.
- Click the Three Dots button.
- Click the Delete Comment button.
So you have now posted a recognition post onto the company feed and are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Recognition Reporting The Recognition Reporting feature allows you to create a report that you can use to analyse which employees are sending and receiving recognition within your organisation. You can also use this feature to download a CSV file of the data.
- Management Dashboard: Rewards and Recognition The Reward and Recognition widget on the Management Dashboard provides you with the tools to see the top members in your team sending and receiving shout outs and recognition in the current month.
Article is closed for comments.