|Pay category does not exist in Xero.
The error occurs when a pay category does not exist on your Xero platform. When your Employment Hero platform encounters this issue, it will automatically disable the affected pay category.
You can not delete the pay category, while there are employees linked to it.
You can resolve this error by adding the pay category to your Xero platform and then updating the data stored on your Employment Hero platform.
- Log in to your Xero platform.
- Click on the Organisation Name button.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click the Payroll Settings button.
- Click the Pay Items tab.
- Click the Earnings button.
- Click the Add button.
- Click on the required earning type.
- Complete the required fields and click the Add button.
- Log into your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the Pay Categories submenu.
- Click the Update From Payroll button.
The Pay Categories page will now show a greyed out Updated button. It means we have successfully imported your pay categories from your Xero platform.
So you have now resolved your xero error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | Xero Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common Xero Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their Xero data.