|The employee must have an ordinary earnings rate selected before leave can be created.
The error occurs when an employee within your Xero platform does not have an ordinary earnings rate assigned. When Employment Hero encounters this issue, it will not synchronise leave requests for the affected employees over to your Xero platform.
Adding an ordinary earnings rate to the affected employee files in Xero and then re-syncing the two platforms will resolve this issue.
- Log in to your Xero platform.
- Click the Payroll menu.
- Click the Employees submenu.
- Click the employee that needs an ordinary earnings rate added.
- Click the Employment tab.
- Complete the Ordinary Earnings Rate field.
- Click the Save button.
- Log in to your Employment Hero platform.
- Click the General Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Integration Issues submenu.
- Click the Leave Requests tab.
- Click the Action button.
- Click the Re-Sync button
- Click the Ok button.
So you have now resolved your xero error and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Leave balance visibility | Xero Guide This guide walks you through how to customise your employee's leave balance visibility in your Employment Hero platform.
- Common Xero Import Conflicts This section contains a range of error resolution articles that cover common import conflicts our clients run into when syncing their Xero data.