Sometimes an employee, manager, or admin will need to update their personal details when their circumstances change. These changes can include needing to update an employee's account email if they switch email provider, their home address if they have moved, or their mobile phone number if they change to another carrier.
The Personal Details feature is where you update these details if they change, with the payroll platform reflecting these changes throughout the entire platform. This means there is only one place you need to update your details if they change. Making sure your records on the payroll platform are always up to date.
If you use our HR product, then you will need to update an employee's details via your HR platform and these changes will then sync over to your payroll platform. The HR platform is the source of truth for these details, not the payroll platform. To read further details on this feature, you can refer to the following article.
The below premise will walk you through how to edit an employee's details.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Employee menu.
- Click the List submenu.
- Click on the employee who needs split earnings enabled.
- Click the Details button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Start date.
- First name.
- Preferred name.
- Middle name.
- Date of birth
- Anniversary date.
- Home phone.
- Mobile phone.
- Work phone.
- Residential address line 1.
- Residential address line 2.
- Residential suburb.
- Enter residential address manually.
- Postal address is the same as residential address.
- Postal address 1.
- Postal address 2.
- Postal suburb.
- Enter the postal address manually.
- Tax file number.
- Previous surname.
- Click the Save button.
So you have now edited your employees' details and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2 FAQ: How do I declare a Medicare levy variation This FAQ answers a common question we receive around how do I declare a Medicare levy variation.
- Payroll FAQ: How do I mark a user as a closely held employee This FAQ answers a common question we receive around how do I mark a user as a closely held employee for STP reporting.
Article is closed for comments.