The Expense Management feature allows you to review and approve employee-submitted expenses, either individually or in bulk, and approve expenses that require additional information before being processed. You can also mark expenses as paid, download a CSV file of your claims, edit the information provided, and delete any unnecessary submissions.
Expenses do not sync through from your HR platform to any payroll-integrated platform. You will need to download a CSV file report of your claims which this article will walk you through.
We base the default access level on a per user basis and whether they have view, edit and delete access and excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
Editing and changing data
Below are a few points around who can approve an expanse claim:
- Primary and Secondary managers can approve their reports for expense claims.
- Users with admin access will also be able to approve claims.
- An admin user cannot approve their own claims.
- A user with owner access is the exception to this, and they can approve their own claims and all the see all the claim information.
So you have now managed your expense claims and you are now wondering, what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Employee leave management - HR Web Platform This feature allows you to approve or decline employee submitted leave requests, with the ability to see their leave balance and any conflicting leave requests.
- Employee expense management - HR | Video This video will walk you through and show you the steps an employee goes through when submitting an expense claim.