The Superannuation Details feature allows you to update an employee's superannuation details if they change. These changes can include needing to update their chosen super fund member number, changing from a company-preferred fund to a regulated fund, or simply just updating their account name. There is only one place you need to update your superannuation details if they change, making sure your employee record on the HR platform is always up to date.
Updating an employee's super information requires you to have two-factor authentication enabled. You will also need to input your 2FA code before having access to the information if 24 hours have passed since your last input, your 2FA code.
The reason for this is because of the updated Australia Tax Office (ATO) Digital Service Provider (DSP) Operational Framework. Its focus is to strengthen digital security and decrease the risk of security violations. To read further information on the updated DSP framework, refer to the following page; for details on how to enable Two-Factor Authentication, refer to the following article.
If an employee selects the Company Nominated Super Fund option when onboarding, your organisation's payroll admin must manually create the employees super account.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the People menu.
- Click the Employees List submenu.
- Select the employee whose details need updating.
- Click the Superannuation Details tab.
- Click the Add Super button.
- Select one of the below options:
- I found my employee details.
- I did not find any details.
- Click the Continue button.
- Complete the required fields on your screen and click the Save button.
Explore similar topics
- Managing an employee tax declaration via the HR platform This feature is where you can update your tax declaration details if they have changed, for example, updating that you no longer have a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) or Student Startup Loan (SSL).
- Editing employment details via the HR platform This feature allows you to update an employee's employment details, such as their assigned primary or secondary manager.