As a business, you will constantly undergo changes that could be just be a simple phone number change right through to updating your business name and legal entity. These changes form a natural part of managing a business because as you grow, expand and diversify, your organisation will need to change to meet these new conditions.
You can use the Business Details feature to update your organisational information stored within your payroll platform. The platform will reflect theses changes you made in the business details section throughout the entire payroll platform.
The below premise will run through how to update your organisation's business details.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Details button.
- Complete the following fields:
- Business name.
The Business Name is a required field that the platform uses as your display name and allows Employment Hero to identify your organisation.
- Legal name.
This is the name that appears on your employees’ payslips.
- Is this a foreign overseas entity?
- Host country.
The ABN field is a requirement because it is the unique identifier used by the ATO to identify your business during electronic lodgements.
- Address Line 1.
- Address Line 2.
- Contact name.
This is the name that will appear in the notifications sent from the platform.
- Contact email address.
This is the email address that will appear in the notifications sent from the platform.
- Contact phone number.
- Contact fax number.
- Standard hours per day.
The standard hours per day field is a required field with the platform using this information to auto-populate leave requests.
- Work week.
- Allow SMS notifications.
- Automatically update super rates.
- Business name.
- Click the Save button.
Watch the training video
So you have now updated your business details and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll platform: Setup Your Super Processing with Beam This feature walks you through how to enable a beam integration with your organisation's payroll platform.
- Payroll Platform: Setup ABA Files This feature allows you to set up your organisation's ABA file details, such as the BSB number, account name and number, and financial institution code.